Common Search Problems
- Browsing your catalog is the only reliable way for customers to find products they want to buy.
- You’ve hidden or deemphasized the search box on your site because it just doesn’t work well.
- When customers try to find products using your search, they quickly give up because of irrelevant or confusing results.
- Simple searches for products you know you carry return zero results.
- Your on-site search box is hidden away and rarely used.
- Your search results page looks and feels different from the rest of your well-designed catalog and product pages.
- Minor variations in search terms produce wildly different outcomes.
- You have no idea how well or poorly your site search is performing.
- Nothing comes back when the common words your customers use to search don’t match your product titles and descriptions.
- You feel you are missing out on sales when searches comes up empty or irrelevant.
Outcomes I Offer
- Search results are highly relevant with the best results first.
- Search results capture attention to create interest and engagement.
- Seamless transitions between searching and browsing.
- Customers find the search feature powerful and easy to use.
- Up-sell and cross-sell related products.
- Shoppers can refine filters down to just the products they want.
- SEO keywords match the same product pages on your site search as they do on Google.
- You know just what customers are searching for and use that information as part of your overall marketing strategy.
- You proudly encourage shoppers to search your site with a big, inviting search box.
- At least 25% of purchases begin with a product search.
Here’s How I Help
The key to search-driven sales is relevant search results. I configure search engines for optimal customer engagement. If your site search results are under-performing we should talk.
I can analyze your site search logs and monitor performance against key search conversion metrics.
Improve your site search experience with UX best practices designed to turn shoppers into customers.
Realize additional revenue through cross-selling and up-selling recommended or related products in the search results and product pages.
Want a top-performing search solution but don’t want to manage your own search servers? I’ll set you up with a cloud solution, develop your custom site search, and keep it tuned for optimal results.
I’ll build it for you
Working on your own car can be fun but sometimes you just want a mechanic. I’ll get you up and running quickly.